Motorcycle insurance is a specialized policy that is separate from your standard automobile insurance coverage. Your motorcycle policy can be customized to meet your needs and may include the following options.
- Liability insurance – bodily injury and property damage insurance that covers you if you hit another driver and cause damage or injury.
- Personal injury protection – designed to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other associated damages regardless of your legal liability.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage – coverage that is utilized if another driver hits you but does not have enough insurance to cover the cost of expenses.
- Comprehensive coverage – replaces your motorcycle in the event of theft or natural disaster.
- Custom parts and equipment – additional coverage option that is dependent upon the custom parts and equipment you want to have covered.
- Collision coverage – coverage that helps pay for damages to your bike and any property you may run into.
- Guest passenger liability – coverage for a passenger who is riding with you either on your bike or in a sidecar.
While all of these options may not be necessary for your policy, ensuring you have the proper coverage while riding can protect you, your passengers, and your motorcycle.
Contact an insurance specialist at Dickinson Insurance today to get answers to any questions you have about Motorcycle Insurance, or for a free review and insurance quote.